Tracfones are great prepaid cell phones that anyone can use, whenever they want. There are no contracts, monthly bills or hidden fees. You can buy minutes when you want to use the cell phone. Tracfone is a very popular prepaid company, and many people are now trying to get their cell phone to work on any network. Unfortunately, this is quite a complicated process, as Tracfone specifically made their phones to stop this process of unlocking from happening. While it is possible, it is very difficult, and it is not recommended if you are afraid of breaking your cell phone. If you are courageous enough, go ahead and try to unlock your phone. If it works, you will get unlimited use on all of the wireless networks.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Unlock code
- Tracfone minutes
Add Tracfone minutes to your cell phone. This will prevent you from running out of minutes once you unlock your cell phone's SIM card.
Go to your cell phone's "Prepaid" menu, and scroll down until you see the "Unlock" option. Click that option.
You will need to enter a code to unlock your SIM card. This code is available online everywhere, but a few companies especially popular are WirelessUnlocking.com, and CellUnlockStore.com. There will be a fee to receive the code, but they are usually cheap, with the most expensive codes being only £2.
Enter in your unlock code, and continue on with the steps. This will involve resetting the phone, turning it on and off, and other basic cell phone operations.
At the end of the guide, your SIM card will now be unlocked. You will be able to use your Tracfone on any network, at anytime.
Tips and warnings
- Add lots of minutes to your Tracfone before unlocking it, and you'll get months of service before you have to buy more minutes.
- If you happen to enter in a wrong number code, you could ruin your cell phone forever. Double-check every code you enter, just for verification purposes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for