Many digital camcorders, including the Sony DCR-DVD610, record on small DVDs rather than tape or a hard drive. These Mini DVDs come in both write-once and rewritable varieties. Both types must be finalised before you can play them in your home DVD player. Finalisation ends the recording session and prevents any new data from being written to the disc. On write-once discs, the process is irreversible, but you can easily unfinalize your rewritable discs using your camcorder. The process is slightly different for DVD-RW and DVD+RW discs.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Plug your camcorder into a power supply and turn it on. Insert the DVD-RW you want to unfinalize into your camcorder.
Open the LCD touch screen and press "Home", located in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
Press "Manage Media", then "Unfinalize". Press "Yes" twice, then wait for the process to complete itself. When it finishes, press "OK".
Plug your camcorder into a power source. Turn the "Power" switch until the "Movie" lamp lights up.
Insert the DVD+RW you want to unfinalize. A confirmation screen will appear, asking if you wish to record more information on the DVD.
Press "Yes" twice, then wait for the process to complete. When it is finished, press "OK".
Tips and warnings
- Do not jostle or bump your camcorder while it is unfinalizing the DVD. This is a very delicate operation.
- If your DVD has two writable sides, you will need to unfinalize each side separately.
- Any DVD menus that you previously created on the rewritable DVD will be erased when you unfinalize the disk.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for