"Guitar Hero World Tour" is a video game manufactured by Activision that puts players in the role of playing in their own rock band. The game comes with a guitar, microphone and drum set that players can use to rock out to their favourite tunes and try to achieve rock stardom. As with mechanical object, there is a possibility of a component becoming unresponsive. When this occurs, open it up and fix it yourself.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Electrical tape
Pick up the pedal from the drum set and turn it over. Scrape off the grey non-stick pad on the bottom of the object at the front of the pedal with the screwdriver. Make sure you take your time and gently do this to get it off in one piece.
Unscrew the two screws that are under the pad and remove the bottom, circular part of the pedal. Scrape off the glue to expose the two wire connections that send the bass drum signal to the game. Note which wire goes into which connection and remove the wires.
Press the wires back into the connector and hold them lightly in place with tape. Start the "Guitar Hero World Tour" game and select a song using the drums. Determine which wire might have been causing the bad connection by pressing down on the drum pedal while adjusting the wires.
Replace the wires in the connection box and tightly secure them tightly with electrical tape. Test the pedal one more time with the game.
Screw the bottom back onto the pedal and replace the non-stick pad to its location. Set the pedal back under the drum set.
Tips and warnings
- Keep the electrical tape as tight as you can make it. What usually makes the pedal stop working is a loose connection. By reinforcing the connection with the tape, you can keep from having to repair for a while.
- This is just for a connection issue. If you have a cracked pedal or a broken spring, you will need to get a new pedal.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for