Corkscrew willow is the name commonly attached to a species of willow tree with limbs that are twisted like corkscrews. The willow is actually Salix matsudana or a Chinese willow. The corkscrew willow is typically cultivated for its graceful appearance but is prone to storm damage due to its soft weak wood. Willow branches are prized by florists and decorators for their unusual shape and decorative uses. Using corkscrew willow branches is a simple way to add dimension to a room.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Corkscrew willow branches
- Decorative paint
- Black or other dark paint
- Vase or other decorative container
Apply paint to the willow branches. A light coat of metallic, white or other colour can add dimension and help to blend the branches with your decor. Use a brush with black or other dark paint to highlight knots or other interesting parts of a branch.
Arrange the willow branches in a container. Select a basket, vase or decorative container that works with the existing room decor and that bundles or lets the branches stand more loosely depending on your preference..
Use groupings of corkscrew willow branches in tall and short arrangements in several rooms of your house. The arrangements can help to carry a decorating theme from one room to another.
Tips and warnings
- Purchase willow branches from a florist, craft or home decorating store. Willow branches are typically sold in bundles. Corkscrew willow may be expensive in comparison to other types of branches or grasses used for decorating. Consider locating a living corkscrew willow to collect branches if possible.
- Bend fresh willow branches into interesting shapes and allow to dry. The branches will retain the shape for use in decorating projects.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for