Sony's PlayStation 3 was Sony's entry into the seventh generation of video game systems. The PlayStation 3 gained recognition by including a Blu-ray player, allowing users to take advantage of that media. Sony allows you to send in a PS3 for repair if there are any issues with it.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Proof of purchase (if under warranty)
- Credit card
Open your web browser and go to us.playstation.com. (There is a link in the Resources section.) Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Support."
Scroll down the Support page and click on the "Service" link under "General Support Resources." Click on the picture of your PS3 in the centre of the page.
Click on the country you are in.
Click on the arrow next to the drop-down menu for the "Select Your Model Number." The model number can be found on the rear of the machine. Select that model number.
Type your serial number in the box provided. The serial number can be found next to the model number on the back of the machine. Click on "Continue."
Click the radio button next to the problem you are experiencing. Type the details of the problem in the box provided. Type the security code and click "Continue."
Type in your customer information and click on "Continue" twice. Type in your payment information and click "Continue." Review the information and click "Submit."
Wait for the shipping materials from Sony to arrive. When they do, pack up your PlayStation with all of the cables and controllers. Send the package back to Sony.
Allow for a few weeks for Sony to receive your package. Once the company has completed its inspection, it will e-mail you to give you the status of the system and let you know when to expect its return.
Tips and warnings
- Often, the system can be fixed without sending it to Sony. Look through the support links on Sony's website to see if you can fix your problem at home.
- If you are trying to fix the PS3 under warranty, you must provide a copy of your original receipt as proof of purchase. Make sure to keep the receipt and all paperwork together.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for