Sometimes a Hotmail user needs to reset his of her password. This may be due to a computer hacking or simply forgetting the password. Any Hotmail user can reset a password in a few simple steps.
- Skill level:
Go to the website, https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx.>
Enter your e-mail address and the letters that appear in the picture. Click "Continue."
Choose Option 1 to use your secret question to reset your password. Choose Option 2 to have instructions e-mailed to you at a different e-mail address.
Answer the secret question and insert a new password, if you choose Option 1. Follow the link provided in your alternative e-mail to insert a new password, if you choose Option 2.
Tips and warnings
- Remember to reset your password on a regular basis to prevent hacking. Write down your password in an odd place, in the event that you need reminding as to what it is. However, do not write "Hotmail password" in front of the password.
- Add symbols, capital letters, and random number combinations to your password. Avoid using names of family members and address information.
- Do not use the same password for all of your online passwords. Vary the passwords so in the event that you do get hacked, the hacker will not be able to access every account associated with your name.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for