The Sony PlayStation 3 has two controllers: the Sixaxis and the Dualshock 3. The Sixaxis follows the same design of previous PlayStation controllers but adds motion control function. The Dualshock 3 is similar to the Sixaxis but adds a vibration function. Whichever you have, follow these steps to set up your new controller.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- USB cable
Plug in the controller to the PS3 via the USB cable.
Turn on the PS3.
Wait as the controller syncs automatically. It will be given a player number from 1 to 7, indicated by a red light on the back of the controller.
If the sync does not occur automatically, press the PS button on the controller and the pairing will occur.
Tips and warnings
- Once the controller is paired with the PS3, you can unplug the USB cable and use the controller wirelessly.
- When a controller is paired with a new console, any previous pairings will be erased and will need to be replaced.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for