In the world of digital music players one name stands out from the rest of the pack...iPod. Because of the iPod's success and name recognition, many companies produce docking stations that allow you to listen to your iPod music on speakers rather than headphones. But if you have a portable music player other than the iPod, it doesn't mean you're out of the game. Many of the iPod docking station on the market -- as of December 2009 -- include an audio in jack, which allows MP3 players, including the Sandisk, to be played over the station's speakers.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Sandisk MP3 player
- iPod Docking Station with an audio input jack
- 3.5mm audio cable
Insert one end of the 3.5mm audio cable into the headphone jack on your Sandisk MP3 player.
Insert the other end of the 3.5mm audio cable into the audio input jack on the docking station. Depending on the model, this jack could be on the back of the system or on the front. The jack looks similar to the headphone jack on the Sandisk MP3 player.
Turn the power on to your Sandisk MP3 player and turn the volume up to just above its maximum volume.
Press play on your Sandisk and listen to your music as you would if you had it connected to headphones. Depending on what docking station you have, you may have to use the controls on the player and the docking station themselves, as some docking station remote controls will not control devices hooked up through audio inputs.
Tips and warnings
- Not all iPod docking stations have an audio input jack. If the docking station you're using doesn't have one you won't be able to use it on the station as it won't have the same connection as the iPod.
- When connected to an iPod docking station with the audio cable, your Sandisk MP3 player will not charge. To ensure long lasting playback, make sure the player is fully charged or plug it into an outlet with a wall charger.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for