Your wedding is the time for you to go that extra mile and personalise all of the elements that make a wedding special. Planning your wedding colours and style gives you and your partner a chance to show your creative side. One way to individualise your wedding is at the cake table; you can personalise the linens, tableware and, of course, the cake. You can also customise your cake knife. When you look back at your cake-cutting pictures and see your decorated cake knife, you will be happy that you took the time to customise it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wedding cake knife
- Floral boutonnière
- Crystals, sequins or stars
- Fabric glue or craft glue
Take your knife to an engraver. Have the engraver put your names and your wedding date on the knife. You can also include a word or saying you like such as "Forever."
Ask your wedding florist to design a boutonnière that matches the colours you will be using on the wedding cake table. Tell your florist that the boutonnière is for the cake knife so that she knows to make it differently than regular boutonnières.
Buy a ribbon or some crystals to decorate your wedding cake knife. You can purchase already made wedding cake knife ribbons at a wedding supply store or a fine china store. Some of the ribbons will be decorated with crystals. If you can't find the colour ribbon you need, go to a fabric store and purchase about 12 inches of ribbon and some crystals, sequins, stars or anything you would like to decorate the ribbon. Tie the ribbon around the handle of the cake knife to make a bow. Cut off any excess ribbon. Using some fabric glue, put some crystals or sequins on the ribbon.
Tips and warnings
- Look for a wedding supply store or a store that specialises in fine china. These stores will be able to show you the varieties of cake knives, ribbons and crystals that are available.
- If you are customising your own ribbon, putting crystals at the centre of the bow and along the ends is an attractive way to customise.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for