Tablecloths can be made of a variety of materials. Aside from fancy fabric tablecloths, inexpensive plastic tablecloths are commonly used for parties, events or picnics. Many plastic tablecloths are commonly made of vinyl, which is a flexible plastic. Vinyl table cloths are typically bought folded and sealed in plastic. This causes many wrinkles and creases that are revealed once the tablecloth is spread open to be used. A party host may find this unappealing, but carefully adding some heat may smooth away wrinkles.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Vinyl tablecloth
- Flat surface
- Ironing board or ironing mat
- Hair dryer
- Clothes dryer
- Damp towels
Spread the tablecloth over a flat surface, such as an ironing board or table. Place an ironing mat or a towel under the tablecloth to protect the table surface.
Place the hair dryer on high and hold it 8 inches above the tablecloth. Use hands to smooth wrinkles and creases once the vinyl has become warm and flexible.
Put the tablecloth in a clothes dryer with a few damp towels if creases still remain after Step 2.
Set the dryer to the low heat setting and turn it on. Remove the tablecloth after a minute of being exposed to the heat.
Lay the tablecloth flat while it is still warm and use hands to press out the wrinkles while the plastic is still warm.
Put the tablecloth back in the dryer with a few towels and repeat steps 4 and 5 until all of the creases are removed.
Tips and warnings
- Purchase rolled high-quality vinyl tablecloths or vinyl coated table clothes to avoid buying wrinkled table clothes.
- Vinyl-coated tablecloths can be ironed on the reverse, non-coated side with an iron on the "cool" setting.
- Take care when applying heat to the tablecloth. Vinyl tablecloths will melt and may damage a surface or clothes dryer. Continue to check the tablecloth's temperature while apply the heat.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for