Toro Recycler walk-behind lawnmowers start either via a recoil (using a pull cord) or an electric ignition. Toro recoil models include the 20064 to 20066 and 20330 to 20333 series, and the 20090 and 20092 Super Recyclers. Toro electric-start models include the 20067/68, 20076, 20089, 20334 and the Super Recycler 20095. Toro mowers are not difficult to start. Once you prepare your Toro Recycler lawnmower for cold starting, you can quickly start its engine by using the recoil-start handle or a key.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Fuel stabiliser
- Fuse (if electric start)
- Charged battery (if electric start)
Prepare your Toro Recycler lawnmower by moving it to a flat surface and adding oil and unleaded gasoline with fuel stabiliser to the engine. To add oil, remove the oil dipstick on the top of the mower,and then fill checking the dipstick intermittently as you fill until the oil reaches the "Fill Line." To add unleaded gasoline with fuel stabiliser (Toro recommends using stabiliser all year long), first follow the manufacturer's directions that come with the fuel stabiliser. Remove the gas cap on the top of the mower and fill until the mixed gasoline reaches half an inch from the top of the tank.
Attach the side discharge chute or grass bag if you have not already done so, and adjust the mower's height higher or lower by moving the cutting-height levers at each wheel backward or forward as needed. If you have an electric-start mower, make sure the fuse is installed and the battery is charged. If you are using the electric-start mower for the first time, charge the battery at least 24 hours prior to use.
Start your Toro Recycler. If using a recoil-start model, first pull the blade control bar back and hold it firmly against the handle with one hand. With your other hand, grip the recoil start handle and quickly but smoothly pull. If the engine starts, slowly let the start handle return to the original position. If the engine doesn't start, try again. If using an electric-start model, insert and turn your ignition key on the left side of the handle.
Tips and warnings
- If using your Toro Recycler for the first time, change the oil after the first five hours of use.
- If cleaning clippings from your mower with water, completely dry the engine by starting it and allowing it to run for at least five minutes.
- Never fill your Recycler with gasoline in the back of a truck, because any static electricity can ignite the gasoline, harming you and damaging the mower. In addition, never fill a mower with a hot engine or while smoking.
- Always advise anyone standing near to the mower to back away before starting and while it is being operated, because rocks or other debris can fly into the air when starting and while mowing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for