Established in 1996, Slipknot is a band known for their hardcore metal music and shocking appearance. Due to their dark, gruesome nature, dressing up as a member of Slipknot is a popular option when Halloween rolls around. You can create your own Slipknot costume at home by combining a red or black jumpsuit with a Slipknot mask and hair styled to resemble one of the band members. Slipknot masks can be purchased online to make your costume as authentic as possible.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Red or black jumpsuit (or a red or black long-sleeved shirt and long trousers)
- Slipknot mask
- Facepaint (optional)
- Wig or temporary hair colour
- Slipknot pins and patches (iron-on)
Purchase a Slipknot mask. While this will give your costume the most authentic appearance, you can also use facepaint to recreate the look of your chosen Slipknot mask.
Dress in a black or red jumpsuit. While Slipknot jumpsuits are also available for purchase, you can recreate the look with a long-sleeved red or black shirt and long red or black trousers. Add black shoes to the look.
Purchase a wig to match the hair of the Slipknot member you have chosen to emulate. Alternately, style your hair in a similar fashion or use temporary hair colour to achieve the look.
Adorn your jumpsuit or clothing with Slipknot patches and pins to finish the costume.
Tips and warnings
- If you are using temporary spray-on hair colour, apply it in a well-ventilated area.
- Exercise caution when applying patches with an iron.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for