Halloween costumes come in a variety of shapes and forms. Some are store bought while others are created through materials already around the house. Here is an idea for an old man costume, with only a few supplies needed from the party store. Remember to study the walk and talk of an old man to help finish the "look" of your costume. Adding a small element like a cane or a fake hearing aid would be a nice touch, too.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Liquid latex
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton balls
- Blow dryer
- Baby powder
Wash your face to remove any make-up or dirt. Dab rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball, and wipe your face down to remove any excess oil.
Stretch a patch of skin with one hand, and apply a layer of liquid latex (make sure it is make-up or body paint) directly onto the patch of skin. Dry the spot by using a blow dryer for a few minutes. Release the patch of skin once dry, and it will fold and wrinkle, giving the appearance of aged skin.
Darken the areas under the eyes by applying dark-coloured foundation or black eyeshadow. Emphasise wrinkles with black eyeliner or eyeshadow. Thin lines should suffice.
Wear a hat or dust baby powder on your hair to make it appear grey. Be sure to dust a little bit on your eyebrows as well to complete the look.
Walk with a limp, and add a cane to your outfit. Make sure to walk slowly, with a hunched over back.
Tips and warnings
- The choice of outfit is always important. Watch movies with old men in them, such as "Grumpy Old Men," to get an idea of what to wear. A pair of khaki trousers and a plaid button-down shirt should be fine.
- Older people tend to say what they think, which could add a lot of humour to your outfit if you're out with adults.
- Adding phrases like "Get off my lawn" to your speech should help to sell the look, but remember to keep your comments clean if at a party with small children.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for