Bright and vibrant headboards and cosy linens are essential in creating an inviting and elegant boudoir. Mount the headboard vertically above the bed for a dramatic focal point in the bedroom, or use the headboard to frame your bed and create a peaceful sanctuary to enjoy every evening. With the right tools, you can use the headboard to create a design that takes centre stage in your room.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tape measure
- Slotted 2-part mounting brackets
- Screws (optional: wall anchors)
- Electric drill
- Stud finder
Create a plan or outline as a reference while mounting the headboard. Choose the angle at which your headboard will rest on the wall. For king-size beds, horizontal mounts are ideal for larger headboards. To create height in your bedroom, try mounting the headboard vertically.
Make a mark on the wall where the headboard will sit. Measure the height of the headboard and place a mark 25 to 30 cm (10 to 12 inches) down from the top part of the headboard; this area is ideal to install the mounting brackets. After the brackets have been installed on the wall, the brackets will lodge together and lock in place, creating a secure mount on the wall.
Screw in half of each slotted mounting bracket on the marked spot of the wall by using screws and an electric drill. Add additional support by using wall anchors or by mounting the brackets onto a stud behind the wall. Use a stud finder to locate the stud.
Mount the remaining halves of the two brackets to the back of the headboard. Gently screw in the mounting brackets into the headboard with a screwdriver to prevent the headboard material from splitting or cracking.
Fit the two brackets attached to the headboard onto the two wall-mounted brackets. You will hear a clicking sound indicating that they have locked together forming a secure fit.
Tips and warnings
- For printed and colourful headboards, paint the wall behind the structure a pale shade to bring out the vibrant headboard colours. Creating contrast gives depth and dimension to a room.
- Always wear protective safety goggles when using an electric drill.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for