There are many guidelines and procedures to follow when it comes to wearing any sort of military uniform. Most of these guidelines are taught in basic training. Troops must always follow these guidelines. One piece of an Army uniform with very specific guidelines is the Army beret. The Army beret is part of a soldier's basic uniform, but is never worn in the field, during training or on deployments. There are a few basic guidelines to follow to ensure you wear your Army beret correctly.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Army beret
Check the size of your beret. Your Army beret should be the same size as your Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) cap.
Position the beret on your head so that the banding (the band around the bottom of the beret) is one inch above your eyebrow and straight across your forehead. The beret should fit snug around your head.
Place the flash, the patch on the beret, above your left eye. There is a standard Army flash for most soldiers. Airborne, Rangers and Special Forces have a different flash. Officers will centre and pin their rank on the flash. Enlisted members will centre and pin their unit symbol on the flash.
Pull any extra material over the right side of the beret. It should touch the right ear, but not go past the middle of the right ear.
Loosen or tighten the adjusting ribbon so that the beret fits properly. Tie a knot in the ribbon and cut off the extra ends. Tuck the ribbon inside the binding at the back of the beret.
Tips and warnings
- If you are not wearing your Army beret, you must carry it. You cannot put it in a uniform pocket or hang it on a belt.
- No hair should hang down below the front of the band of your Army beret in front.
- You should also not tuck your hair into your Army beret. Females should wear their hair in a way that does not need to be tucked into the beret, but also does not hang below the bottom of the back collar.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for