Gift cards are convenient when it is difficult to select the appropriate gift for the recent graduate, birthday celebrant, or newly married couple. The process of purchasing a Visa gift card is straightforward. It involves loading a balance onto the card and entering the recipient's shipping information. Visa gift cards are available online or from select banks and retailers close to you.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Visit Visa's "Prepaid and Gift Cards" page (see Resources below). Select "Visa gift card" from the list of cards.
Click the "In person" link if you wish to purchase a gift card from a local retailer. This will take you to a page with a list of local retailers as well as a map showing their various locations. You can also use this map to obtain driving directions.
Click "Online" to make your purchase online. Choose from the list of online retailers. You will be taken to the relevant page on the retailer's web site.
Select a card design where applicable. Some retailers offer several face designs for the card from which you can choose.
Enter the amount you wish to place on the card. You can select whole number amounts from £16 to £650.
Enter the name and address of the recipient. You may also have to enter the recipient's e-mail address and telephone number.
Proceed to checkout. Select shipping method and shipping speed where applicable. Enter your name, address, and payment information to complete the transaction.
Tips and warnings
- Some participating banks will reduce the service fees if you pay for the transaction with the bank's credit card.
- You will be charged a service or purchase fee when you purchase a Visa gift card.
- Some retailers insist on mailing the gift card to your address if the amount exceeds a certain limit. This limit varies by retailer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for