Making your own decals is a fund and rewarding hobby. You can apply decals to crafts, models, car windows, candles, ornaments and just about anything else you can think of. Adding decals to items is a great way to personalise gifts. Decals are great for personalising items with your company logo. You can print just about any picture, word or phrase on a decal. Your imagination is you limit.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Word processing software
- Decal paper
- Small bowl
- Warm water
Open your word processing software.
Create an image or a phrase for your decal. With most word-processing software you can import photographs and unique fonts.
Insert the decal paper into your printer and print out your image. Set aside and allow the image to dry for at least a minute.
Cut out the image from the paper using your scissors.
Fill your small bowl with warm water.
Hold the decal between your thumb and index finger and submerge it into water. Do not let go.
Pull the decal out and slowly slide your thumb over your fingers to remove the decal from its backing.
Apply the decal to your object.
Tips and warnings
- Print out your decal image on plain paper before you print on the decal paper. This will help you to determine if the image will appear the way you want.
- Supervise children around scissors.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for