Cook chicken in the microwave for a quick, tasty dinner. Use raw or thawed chicken breasts. Frozen take longer to cook and won't absorb the flavours fully. Thaw the meat in the refrigerator. If raw meat sits out in the open, bacteria will start to grow. Preparation takes about 5 minutes. Clean any space the raw meat touches with an antibacterial cleaner. Wash hands thoroughly both before and after handling raw chicken to avoid contamination.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microwave-safe dish and lid
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3 raw boneless chicken breasts
In the microwave-safe bowl, combine broth, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix well.
Set three raw boneless chicken breasts in the bowl. The thickest parts should face the outside of the bowl.
Cover with the lid. Leave one corner open for ventilation.
Cook on medium power for 6 minutes per pound. Check the package of chicken for the weight.
After the meat is done cooking, take it out of the microwave. Use a meat thermometer to check the centre of the chicken. The centre should be at least 73.9 degrees C.
Cooking the Chicken
Tips and warnings
- Serve over rice.
- Wait a minute before taking off the lid. The steam will be hot and may burn exposed skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for