Empty ink cartridges are usually tossed out in the garbage, but can be recycled instead. Epson allows you to send in old ink cartridges that will be recycled and used again. If you choose to send your cartridges to Epson, there is no reimbursement. However, you can also use third-party ink cartridge recycling programs that pay you for the cartridges.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Power on your Epson printer and then remove the used ink cartridges. Package the cartridges in a small box or padded mailer.
Include enough packing material inside the box or padded mailer to ensure the Epson ink cartridges are not damaged during shipping. Address the package to: Epson America Inc. Attn: Recycling Center, 18300 Central Avenue, Carson, CA 90746.
Take the package to any mail delivery outlet, such as a regular post office or a Fed Ex store. Mail the package at your own cost to Epson to recycle the ink cartridges.
Directly Through Epson
Follow the link in the Resources section to the Print Country website or access another third-party recycling program's website. Check the website's FAQs, or "Frequently Asked Questions," for a list of what ink cartridges are accepted in exchange for money.
Ensure the website is accepting your specific ink cartridges. Remove the cartridges from your Epson printer and package them in a box or bubble mailer with adequate packing material to prevent damage.
Enter your name, physical address and e-mail address into the website's submission form. Click on the check box that corresponds to the specific Epson ink cartridges you are sending in.
Record the reference number provided by the website. Include the reference number with the website's mailing address on the package.
Mail the package to the website's physical address, and then wait for your check.
Third-Party Recyling Program
Tips and warnings
- The address of the Epson recycling centre may be subject to change. Check the Epson website before mailing.
- Some grocery stores and electronic outlets have ink cartridge recycling programs that don't require you to mail anything. Check the stores in your area for an ink cartridge recycling drop-off box.
- Some websites that offer money for ink cartridges do not issue a check until your account balance is £9 or more. Make sure that the cost of sending it in is worth it as you could potentially spend more than £9 in shipping the cartridges.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for