You may not consider purchasing lamb meat because it is pricier than chicken or beef. But a breast of lamb contains a lot of fat and the more fat a meat has, the less it costs. In a sense, you are paying for the meat, not the fat. Butchers will remove the bone before they sell it which makes it much easier for you to prepare to cook at home. The breast can be stuffed or cooked as is in a variety of ways. One of the easiest methods is to bake the breast of lamb.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- 1 Breast of lamb
- 1/2 of an 227gr can of Diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 small 227gr can of Crushed pineapples
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Plain breadcrumbs
- Cooking string
- Roasting bag
- Roasting pan
Preheat the oven to 177 degrees C.
In a bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, tomatoes (without the juice), salt, pepper, nutmeg and pineapples (with the juice).
Lay your breast of lamb out so that the side where the bone was taken out is facing you. Spread your stuffing mix over the top of the breast of lamb and then roll the meat from one side to the other. Use a piece of cooking string to tie it. Wrap the string around the lamb and then tie it in a knot on top. Cut the excess string off. You may need to tie each end.
Place the stuffed breast of lamb in a roasting bag and then put it in a roasting pan. Poke two or three holes in the top of the roasting bag so the steam can escape.
Set the roasting pan in the oven and cook it 25 minutes per pound. Add an extra 25 minutes to that time because it is stuffed and stuffed breast of lamb takes a little longer. This will yield you a medium well done breast of lamb.
Remove the lamb from the oven and open the roasting bag. Place the lamb on a serving platter and cut the cooking string. Allow the breast to sit for 15 minutes before carving so that the juices have time to settle.
Tips and warnings
- Each breast of lamb can feed a family of four. If you have a larger family you will want to double the recipe.
- Steam will come up out of the roasting bag when you open it. Keep your face away so that you don't burn it or fog up your glasses.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for