Cauliflower rice is made of cauliflower processed to the size of rice grains and served in the style of rice. Although it has a texture similar to rice, it tastes like regular cauliflower. If you're looking to avoid carbohydrates, or simply want an interesting way to add more vegetables to your diet, cauliflower rice works well as a substitute for regular rice. It's easy to make and provides an excellent source of vitamin C.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Food processor or grater
- Pan (optional)
- Microwave-safe container with lid (optional)
- Microwave (optional)
Remove the leaves and the tough core from the cauliflower.
Cut the cauliflower into slices, then process it in a food processor until the cauliflower pieces are about the size of rice grains. Alternatively, cut the cauliflower into chunks and grate them into small pieces using a grater.
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring frequently, for four to five minutes or until al dente. Alternatively, seal the cauliflower in a microwave-save bowl and microwave for four minutes. Let the cauliflower steam inside the container for another five minutes before removing the lid.
Season the cauliflower rice with salt and pepper.
Tips and warnings
- Other seasoning ideas include sautéed onion and paprika.
- You can use cauliflower rice in many applications that you would use rice. For example, sauté cauliflower rice with garlic, soy sauce, vegetables and egg for a low-carb fried-rice dish.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for