Gambling websites or online casinos are extremely popular forms of competing for money but can be dangerous to children or people with addiction or gambling problems. Many people choose to block gambling sites on their computers to protect vulnerable people from accessing content or risking their money. You can block gambling sites from being accessed on your computer by restricting access to certain sites. You can adjust Internet Explorer's settings to prevent it from opening gambling sites.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Internet Explorer browser
Click "Start" or the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.
Click "Control Panel" then "User Accounts."
Select "Parental Controls" and enter your administrator password if prompted.
Click "Windows Vista Web Filter."
Click "Block Some Websites or Content" then "Block Web Content Automatically."
Choose "Gambling" from the list of web content to block. You can also choose others from the list at the same time.
Tips and warnings
- Web filters are not perfect. If you find certain sites slip through the net or acceptable sites are blocked, you can repeat steps 1 to 5 and choose "Edit The Allow and Block List" to add or remove specific sites from the block list.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for