Brochures are a good way to advertise a catering business. They contain useful information about your service and can be handed out or mailed to prospective clients. You can design your own catering business brochure using Microsoft Publisher. You will need details about your catering company and plenty of pictures. It will take a basic understanding of working with a graphics program to accomplish this.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Business details
- Price list
- Scanner (optional)
- Microsoft Publisher
Decide what information to include in your brochure. Make a list of any details you want in your brochure. Think about what you want people to know concerning your catering service.
Get a number of pictures. Take several different shots of the various dishes you create. Take some of the actual food preparation, the delivery method and some events that you catered.
Scan any graphics, old pictures or illustrations you want to include in the brochure design. These can be pictures you already have taken or ones that are associated to your catering service in some way. Save these in a usable picture format.
Edit the photos. Use a photo-editing application to alter the appearance or to add borders or text to the pictures or graphics. Use borders that are food related or add the names of the items in the pictures.
Draw a basic layout of what you want your brochure to look like. If you do not want to actually draw it, at least have an idea of how it will appear. Think of what you want your prospective clients to know---and see---regarding your specific catering company, products and services.
Open Microsoft Publishers Design Wizard. Choose "Brochure." Follow the instructions presented to select several design options for your brochure. Use the link in "Resources" for more information on this step. Match your selected options to your catering business. Use the same colours and fonts used for your other publications.
Learn more about creating brochures from the finished one in Microsoft Publisher. Read over the details on the brochure template before you add your pictures and information. It includes numerous tips and ideas that you might find useful. Apply these ideas to incorporate your own touch to the brochure.
Tips and warnings
- Information that you should contain in your catering brochure includes your business name, mailing address, phone and fax numbers, and website and e-mail addresses.
- Other details to include are various price lists, any discounts or minimum order amount and anything else specific to your catering service.
- Use the free photo editing software Picasa from Google, if you do not have another one on your system.
- Make sure your catering business information is easy to locate on the front and/or back of the brochure. You want it to be very simple to find and read.
- If you have a business logo, make sure to include it in the design of your catering brochure.
- Save a copy of all pictures, illustrations and graphics used before you make any changes. Save each after the edits, as well. You may need the original photo later. Make sure you also save a copy of your newly designed catering brochure.