Designing your own graphics for a motorcycle can be a great way to get your imagination working in overdrive. By printing out a template, you can feel free to experiment with many different types of graphic ideas for your motorcycle. Print out multiple copies of the template and test out different colour schemes. For the example, in this article, you will be learning how to design a custom tiger-themed graphic that will cover your entire motorcycle and really give the image some flair and personality.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Coloured Markers
- White craft paint
Print out the template line work of the motorcycle. Use the image provided here, if need be. Print it in black and white, and for ink printers, allow the ink to dry for a few minutes before you start working with it.
Apply the base colours to the entire picture. Colour the seat dark grey. Add light grey to the engine parts and exhaust pipes. Colour the tires black. Colour the fuel tank, back of the motorcycle and splatter guard orange yellow.
Let the colour dry for several minutes. Using a black ink pen, add tiger stripes on the places you have coloured orange yellow. Start each stripe at the top of the section it is in. Make the stripe with curved cone shapes that come to a sharp point.
Draw upside-down triangles for the stripes on the front wheel's splatter guard. Draw a small profile view of a tiger for on the top section of the gas tank. Draw the teeth of the tiger with a rectangle. Inside this rectangle, add a large cone for the fang and a jagged line for the rest of the teeth. Add the eye with an oval that comes to a point on both ends. Add the ears with a sideways triangular shape.
Colour in all of the stripes black. Use white craft paint to colour in the teeth of the tiger. Let the paint and marker dry for several minutes before moving.
Tips and warnings
- You can test our colour schemes by drawing quick thumbnails. Thumbnails are fast sketches that take up less than a fourth of the page. If you are hesitant about your colour scheme, try it out small first, like this article has done.
- You can use take your custom graphics to a motorcycle bodyworks garage, where they should be able to apply your sketches to your bike.
- Place a sheet of paper under your template when you are colouring to prevent the maker from bleeding onto anything.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for