Chocolate icing can be made from a variety of ingredients, which gives you the opportunity to choose your own when you make a batch at home. You can create your own chocolate icing with unsweetened cocoa powder and control the consistency of the mix. Adding more or less of some ingredients allows you to create thicker icing or a thinner glaze to cover your cake or cupcakes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) margarine or butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 750 ml (3 cups) icing sugar
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) butter extract
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) rum extract
Heat up the margarine in the microwave so that it melts but doesn't boil. Mix with the cocoa. Beat until smooth.
Mix in milk and each extract. Add all three or only the ones you want. If you don't add one of the extracts, then add a little more from each of the others. The total extract mixture should equal 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp).
Beat in the icing sugar gradually. Add more for a thicker icing and less for a thinner glaze. Add milk to help thin out the mix if you make it too thick. Store in the fridge until eaten.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for