Doggy breath...'nuff said, right? Your dog spends a lot of time in your face. He wants to look into your eyes, give you kisses and, on occasion, steal a cookie out of your mouth before you have a chance to swallow. If he has bad breath...boy, can that make these otherwise wonderful bonding experiences unpleasant. Try this simple recipe for sweet, sweet doggy breath.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Peppermint leaves
- Storage bag
- Wooden mallet
- Glass jar (with lid)
- Sweet almond oil
- Glass container
- Mixing bowl
- Essential oil of cardamom
- Essential oil of coriander seed
- Glass bottle (with dropper lid)
Wash fresh peppermint leaves in cool water and place them on a towel to dry. Place the dried leaves in a plastic storage bag and seal. Tap the leaves gently with a wooden mallet to release the essential oils.
Place the contents of the bag in a glass jar. Pour sweet almond oil over the mixture, covering it completely. Seal the jar tightly and shake well. Let the mixture sit for 24 hours. Strain the oil through a piece of cheesecloth and set aside. Discard the peppermint leaves.
Repeat this process daily for 3 days--using the same oil--or until the oil reaches its desired strength. Pour the oil into a dark glass storage container and seal tightly. Store in a dark, cool location, away from direct light.
In a small mixing bowl, blend 6 drops of your essential peppermint oil, 6 drops of essential oil of cardamom and 4 drops of essential oil of coriander seed. Pour the mixture into a glass bottle with a dropper top.
Dispense 1 to 3 drops into your dog's mouth.
Tips and warnings
- If you are harvesting the fresh peppermint from your own garden, do it in the morning after the dew has dried, before the heat of the day arrives--this is when essential oils are at their peak. Purchase all-natural essential oils. They are healthier for your dog.
- Never give this or any essential oils to your cat. Essential oils can be toxic to cats, whether given orally, applied topically or even inhaled.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for