Turn that ordinary holiday dinner table into something festive with this unique Christmas flower arrangement. Carnations or any other flower of your choice, floral foam and small ball ornaments transform into a breathtaking topiary.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Large cone shaped floral foam
- Wooden dowel
- Small floral foam
- Carnations or other flowers
- Small Christmas ball ornaments
- Small urn vase or clay flower pot
- Floral moss
Choose the container you will use. Urn style vases add a pretty touch. Place the small floral foam in the bottom of the holder. If necessary trim the foam to fit the holder.
Place a wooden dowel into the centre of the small foam in the container. Push the centre of the cone-shaped foam gently onto the dowel until it is about 2.5 cm (1 inch) above the container. If you don't want a space, push the cone all the way down.
Cut the stems to about 2.5 cm (1 inch) below the flowers. Starting at the bottom, push each flower into the foam so that none of the stem shows. Continue working around and up the cone. At the top, be careful not to push the flowers in so far that the stems go through the other side. Cut the stems shorter if necessary.
Add ball ornaments randomly throughout the flowers. Push the metal part of the ornament into the foam and add a drop of hot glue if necessary to hold them securely. Choose silver or gold coloured balls for a pretty accent to the flowers.
Finish with floral moss around the top of the foam in the container. Skip this step if there is no space between the cone shaped foam and foam in the container.
Tips and warnings
- For variation, use two foam balls, one smaller and one larger, instead of the cone shape. Place the larger ball towards the bottom of the wooden dowel and place the smaller ball at the top of the dowel; do not let the dowel protrude past the top of the small ball. Decorate with the flowers and ornaments.