Checking the status of your passport application can take the worry out of wondering when you’ll receive yours or if there is a problem with it. This can be done in just a few simple steps.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Internet connection
- Social Security Number
Log on to the U.S. Department of State site and entered the required information to check the status of your passport online.
Enter your last name. You’ll need to include the suffix such as Jr or III. If you have a hyphenated name such as Smith-Jones, you will enter the entire name but leave the hyphen out. You would enter this as Smith Jones.
Enter your date of birth in the format of MM/DD/YYYY so if your birthday is June 4, 1974 you would add it as 06/04/1974.
Enter the last four digits of your social security number and click enter.
Tips and warnings
- Allow 5 to 7 days for your passport to be tracked online.
- To be secure online and prevent identity theft, close your browser after you check your status.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for