Your passport is your entry to the world of global travel, but it can be difficult to navigate through the process. Delays in processing have challenged even the most experienced travellers. Once you have applied for your passport, there are a couple of ways to check the status.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Access to the Internet
- A passport being processed
Log on to travel.state.gov to check the status of your passport using this government run website. It takes five to seven days for a reply back with this service.
Call (877) 487-2778, the government's National Passport Information line. Automated information is available round the clock, but if you want to talk to a live operater, you must call Monday through Friday, 6am to 12pm. You can call on Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm.
Pay for an independent passport expediting service. This is a costly method, but if you are concerned about getting your passport in time for your trip, paying for this expedited service may save you money in the end.
Tips and warnings
- Using a passport expediting service if you need your passport in less than two days.
- Allow yourself up to three months to apply for a passport. Delays are to be expected.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for