A Coke float is a simple, refreshing combination of vanilla ice cream and Coca-Cola. You can make several variations of the traditional Coke float by adding another beverage or flavouring, or by substituting different flavours of ice cream. Serve Coke floats at your next summer gathering for a simple yet welcome old-fashioned treat.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Large glass
- Ice cream scoop
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Measuring cup
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 maraschino cherry with stem
- Long-handled spoon
Scoop two portions of vanilla ice cream into the bottom of a large glass.
Measure out a cup of Coca-Cola or other cola and add it to the glass; pour slowly to avoid excessive fizzing.
Measure out 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract, if desired. Add it to the glass and stir.
Place a maraschino cherry with stem attached on the top of the Coke float and serve with a straw. Provide a long-handled spoon so the ice cream may be eaten when the soda is gone.
Tips and warnings
- You can turn your Coke float into an alcoholic beverage by substituting a creamy liqueur, such as Tequila Rose strawberry cream, for the ice cream. For this recipe, mix an ounce of Tequila Rose with a splash of Coke and stir well.
- Another variation features rum and Coke topped with rum-flavoured ice cream.
- Try making a coffee Coke float, which combines a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a cup of sweetened coffee. The remaining space in the glass is filled with Coke.
- Try different flavours of ice cream, such as chocolate, lemon or cherry.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for