If you are a fan of crossword puzzles, then you know how hard certain clues can be to answer. If you are stuck on a clue, then you might want to find a way to get help--one way that you can do this is to go online for assistance.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Find the website of the magazine that contains the crossword puzzle. For example, if you are doing a crossword puzzle from People magazine, then log on to their site to look for hints and answers.
Use an online dictionary. The American Heritage Dictionary website provides answers to thousands of crossword puzzle clues. You simply type in the letters that you know and the site gives you a list of possible answers.
Get help from a crossword puzzle solver site. One Across is a site that can give you better results than online dictionary websites. You give the clue and the pattern of the word and they return the answer (see Resources below for link).
Join an online forum. Connect with other crossword puzzle junkies online and seek out help to difficult clues.
Email the publisher for help. If all else fails, you can email the publisher of the crossword for additional assistance in solving the puzzle.
Tips and warnings
- Remember to read the instructions before you use any of the online crossword puzzle solvers. Some sites require that you put in question marks for the characters that you do not know.
- Don't give up if you can't find your answer on one of the crossword solver sites. You can try several to see other results that they may come up with.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for