This recipe for edible fake blood is convincing and easy to make. Most of the ingredients for this recipe likely are already in your own cabinet or pantry.
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Thick corn syrup
- Mixing bowl
- Blue and red food coloring
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
Pour 59 ml (1/4 cup) of thick corn syrup, like Karo syrup, into the mixing bowl.
Add 100 drops of red food coloring. The reason you use so much red food coloring is because the syrup is so thick that it does not disperse the food coloring well.
Drop 2 to 4 drops of blue food coloring into the mix. If it turns a burgundy or blueberry, you have to start over. It must be a dark red.
Mix in 1/2 teaspoon of flour. As you mix in the flour, the blood looses its transparency and gums up. Add more syrup and food coloring if it becomes too gummy. The correct consistency should be syrupy and not transparent.
Rub the edible fake blood over your teeth and pour it into your bottom lip to create a bloody-mouth effect.
Tips and warnings
- Experiment with ingredients to make different types of blood. For example, add corn flour or tomato products to make thicker blood.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for