Make your feet pretty for the summer and add some eye-catching sparkle to your tootsies. You don't need to spend money on an expensive pedicure. You can get salon quality twinkle toes at home with these easy to follow steps.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Nail varnish remover
- Cotton wool
- Nail clippers
- Nail file
- Clear nail varnish
- Loose glitter powder or glitter nail varnish
Soak cotton wool in nail polish remover and clean toe nails removing any old nail varnish.
Soak your feet in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes to soften cuticles.
Pat your feet dry with a towel and push back cuticles with a cuticle stick.
Clip toe nails to desired length by making straight cuts across the top of each nail. then shape them with a nail file. File your toe nails in short strokes in the same direction to avoid damaging your nail and keep the corners of your toes squared off. Rinse your feet again and pat dry.
Apply two coats of clear nail varnish, giving time for the polish to dry between coats.
Apply one coat of glitter nail varnish. For maximum sparkle, apply two. Alternatively, sprinkle loose glitter over wet coat of clear nail varnish for a more textured look.
Once your nails are dry, seal with another layer of clear nail varnish or top coat to prevent chipping. Then relax and put your feet up and give them ample time to dry.
Tips and warnings
- If your feet feel very dry, rub a pumice stone over the bottoms of your feet after soaking them in water to remove dry skin.
- When applying nail varnish, start with a coat at the centre of your nail and then one at each side.
- Play around with different coloured nail varnishes under the glitter (dark blues or black are great for the evening).
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for