The MacBook Pro is an laptop manufactured by Apple, which was first introduced in January 2006. Replacing the older PowerBook G4, the MacBook Pro uses an Intel Core processor, includes an integrated webcam and comes in various screen sizes. With the integrated Mini DisplayPort and a compatible VGA, HDMI or DVI adapter, you can connect a TV to your MacBook Pro to display the desktop on a second monitor.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- TV with DVI, VGA or HDMI inputs
- Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable
- DVI, VGA or HDMI video cable
Turn off the TV and your MacBook Pro.
Plug the Mini DisplayPort adapter into the Mini DisplayPort output on your MacBook Pro. Then, plug the video cable into the adapter and your TV.
Turn on the TV and your MacBook Pro. Your laptop should display a second desktop on the TV by default.
Set up "mirroring" if you wish to show the same image on both your laptop screen and TV screen. Open "System Preferences" on your MacBook Pro, then click "Displays".
Click the "Arrange" tab, and select "Display MIrroring". Be sure both displays are set to the same resolution and colour depth.
Tips and warnings
- If you are using a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, make sure it conforms to the VESA v1.1a DisplayPort Interoperability Guidelines.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for