Glow sticks are novelty items that can be used for any party on any occasion. Popular among club-goers, the sticks provide several hours of a glowing effect, which is often enjoyed by both the user and surrounding individuals. However, the powerful glow of a stick can be short-lived. Once a stick loses its glow, there is no way to recover it. There are ways, however, to ensure that the glow effect is prolonged. With proper knowledge, you can ensure that your glow sticks will be in use the day following their opening as well.
- Skill level:
Things you need
Place your used glow stick in a freezer. The low temperature of the freezer changes the speed of the chemical reaction within the stick that creates the glow. Due to the reaction slowing, the stick will glow for longer.
Wait for the glow stick to freeze thoroughly to ensure that all parts of the glow stick are an equal temperature. The longer you allow the stick to cool, the slower the reaction will be. However, keep in mind that if the stick is left in the freezer for too long, it will still lose glowing power over time.
Reuse the glow stick when prepared. It is generally recommended that the stick be used within a 24-hour period of its first use. Otherwise, the glow might lose too much strength, despite being frozen.
Tips and warnings
- Glow sticks can be used for many things: decorating, trick or treating, dancing, playing, etc. Find your own unique use for them.
- Do not cut open glow sticks or remove the chemicals from within. Though non-toxic, it is best to avoid contact with any unfamiliar chemicals.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for