I'm Dr. Joe Neely, I practice with the Barton Oaks Dental Group. We're going to talk about different types of partial dentures. Dentures are a removable replacement for teeth. You can have something as simple as a plastic element that fits against the gums and up against teeth, that have a tooth on it. It's commonly referred to as a flipper because they flip in and out often. It's a fairly inexpensive way to deal with the issue. The more traditional partial denture would be metal framework that has metal cast arms that fit around the teeth, and much stronger, much more durable, often and more stable. Somewhat objectionable because of the metal, at times, but usually people adapt quite well to them. The third would be to get rid of the arms and go to a snap inside the denture and then a female attachment in the tooth itself that remains and that part of the denture snaps into place and so you don't have any external arms around it. The fourth would be to use an implant, a tooth substitute, put a ball attachment on top, once again, some type of female attachment inside and then that partial could snap into place.