How to Install an Alternator Belt on a Peugeot 206 1.9 Diesel
Installing the alternator belt on a Peugot 206 1.9 litre diesel engine requires removing the old belt to make room for the new belt. The belt used is a Serpentine belt that covers all the pulleys on the engine. Once the belt gets frayed or cracked, it will require replacement to prevent engine malfunction.
Replacement of the belt will only take a few minutes to replace. Ensure to follow the belt routing diagram located by the radiator for proper routing.
- Installing the alternator belt on a Peugot 206 1.9 litre diesel engine requires removing the old belt to make room for the new belt.
- Ensure to follow the belt routing diagram located by the radiator for proper routing.
Open the bonnet for access to the engine compartment. Locate the Serpentine belt on the passenger side of the engine.
Locate the tensioner pulley to the left of the alternator. Insert the socket wrench on to the end of the tensioner and pull up to loosen the belt.
Pull the belt off the pulley and release the tensioner slowly. Pull the belt off the remaining pulleys. Pull the belt out from the engine compartment.
- Locate the tensioner pulley to the left of the alternator.
- Pull the belt off the remaining pulleys.
Place the new belt around the pulleys. Follow the diagram to place the belt around the pulleys with the exception of the tensioner pulley.
Pull the tensioner pulley with a socket wrench. Place the belt around the pulley. Slowly release the tensioner to tighten the belt.
Start the car to observe the belt. The belt should transit smoothly around the pulleys.
- "Haynes Repair Manual for Peugeot 206 Petrol and Diesel Engines for 1998 to 2001"; John Haynes; 2001
- Purchase the belt at any automotive parts store.
- Use caution when working around the engine compartment. Ensure the car is turned off and the keys are out of the ignition.
Gregory Crews has been in the film industry for three years and has appeared in more than 38 major motion pictures and 16 television shows. He also writes detailed automotive tutorials. His expertise in the automotive industry has given him the skills to write detailed technical instructional articles.