How to Adjust the Microphone Sensitivity on a Blackberry
Chinese woman on cell phone image by Allen Penton from Fotolia.com
Adjusting the microphone sensitivity on a BlackBerry can make a big difference to a call's audio. The wrong settings can lead to calls that are too loud or too soft. You can also experience feedback or static if the microphone sensitivity settings are incorrect.
The microphone sensitivity can be adjusted while you are on a call without causing a disruption to your conversation.
Make a call by dialling the number and pressing the "Phone" key.
Press the "Menu" key, then select "Enhance Call Audio."
Select a setting for your call audio. Use the trackball to scroll to your selection, then click the radio button next to it. Press the "End" key to go back to the home screen.
- Adjusting the microphone sensitivity on a BlackBerry can make a big difference to a call's audio.
- Make a call by dialling the number and pressing the "Phone" key.
Press the "Phone" key, then press the "Menu" key and select "Options." Select "Enhanced Audio," then change the "Phone Call Audio" field. Save your changes by pressing "Menu," then "Save."
Click the "End" key to go back to the home screen. Press the "Menu" key, then "Options."
Select "In-Call Settings," then change the "Default Call Volume" field to an acceptable volume. The louder the number, the higher the volume.
- Press the "Phone" key, then press the "Menu" key and select "Options."
Press the "Menu" key, then select "Save."
- Check the microphone on your phone for any obstructions if you are experiencing further audio issues. You can use a paper clip to carefully clear the obstruction.
- If you continue to experience audio issues, you should contact your wireless provider. The microphone on the BlackBerry may need to be replaced. The repair may be covered by your device's warranty.
- You can also use a noise-cancelling headset to help with the microphone sensitivity. The use of the headset will reduce the amount of background noise that is picked up while you are talking on your BlackBerry.
Maya Walker began writing professionally in 2008. Her articles have appeared on a variety of websites, covering technology, personal finance, music and health topics. Walker is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in English at Stephen F. Austin University in Texas.