How to Recycle a Samsung Toner Cartridge
As toner cartridges, consisting of powdered toner and its casings, and related packaging materials can fill up landfills and cause harm to humans and the environment, Samsung created the Samsung Takeback and Recycling (S.T.A.R.) Program.
The program provides individuals and businesses free return shipment of spent Samsung toner cartridges via USPS or FedEx. Once received, Samsung breaks down the cartridge and packaging materials such as plastics, metals and paper by type for reuse in the creation of other products.
Prep your original toner boxes by removing any labels or barcodes on the outside of the boxes. If you're using a USPS box, skip this step.
Wrap your spent toner cartridge(s) in the cling film packaging from the original toner boxes or in plastic bags to prevent toner leakage during shipment. Pack the cartridge(s) in your box. Seal the box with clear box tape.
- As toner cartridges, consisting of powdered toner and its casings, and related packaging materials can fill up landfills and cause harm to humans and the environment, Samsung created the Samsung Takeback and Recycling (S.T.A.R.)
- Wrap your spent toner cartridge(s) in the cling film packaging from the original toner boxes or in plastic bags to prevent toner leakage during shipment.
Go to the Samsung S.T.A.R. Program Register and Request Label website by clicking the link in the Resources section.
Fill in your name, address, e-mail and phone number in the form fields and choose whether you want to receive promotional offers and other information from Samsung via e-mail.
Click the "Submit & Print Label" button.
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to the "What's next?" section and look for "Thank you. Your request has been processed and your label is ready for download." Select the "Click Here to download and print your label" link and print your Samsung USPS SmartLabel. If done correctly, a tracking e-mail should appear in your e-mail inbox.
- Go to the Samsung S.T.A.R.
- Program Register and Request Label website by clicking the link in the Resources section.
Tape your printed USPS label to the box.
Drop your package off at a USPS office or collection box.
- Ship your Samsung toner cartridges in a Samsung Collection Box in bulk if you have 10 to 15 toner cartridges to recycle in a month. To register for bulk shipping, call 866-332-4160, select "Ordering Collection Box" on the menu and provide your name, address and phone number to the agent; or e-mail your information and the bulk box product number (CB-GPTRB-S) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a new toner cartridge came with a prepaid FedEx label to ship back the old cartridge, affix the label to the outside of the box (instead of a USPS label) and call the FedEx number on the label to request free package pickup.
- If you need additional assistance, contact Samsung.
- Never send Samsung a package that weighs more than 9.07kg.
- Only use tape to seal your package, never rope or string.
Based in Southern Pennsylvania, Irene A. Blake has been writing on a wide range of topics for over a decade. Her work has appeared in projects by The National Network for Artist Placement, the-phone-book Limited and GateHouse Media. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from Shippensburg University.