How to Clean Cloth Espadrille Wedges
Cloth espadrille wedges are sandals with a wedge heel. The defining characteristic of espadrille wedges is the natural or synthetic rope-like material used on the outside of the sole. The upper cloth material can be made from any fabric, but it's usually cotton.
No matter which type you own, clean them gently to prevent wear. Proper care can help you maintain the look and durability of your espadrille wedges.
Brush any excess dirt from the wedges with a soft-bristled brush.
- Cloth espadrille wedges are sandals with a wedge heel.
- Brush any excess dirt from the wedges with a soft-bristled brush.
Spray any dirty areas of your wedges with fabric cleaning spray. Allow the cleaner to dry completely.
Brush the shoes with a soft-bristled brush to remove any cleaning residue or dirt.
- Try using a stain removal pen for small stains. The pen is more exact and will allow for easier spot treatment.
- Depending on the fabric of your shoes, consider fabric preserving sprays that will help block your shoes from various stains and some water damage.
- Don't use water to clean your espadrille wedges, because it can weaken or loosen the rope. It can also cause the shoes to lose their shape.
Shelley Marie has been writing professionally since 2008 for online marketing and informational websites. Her areas of expertise include home, garden and health. She holds a Bachelor of Science in business administration and an associate degree in medical billing and insurance coding, both from Herzing University.