How to reduce sweaty butt
Image by BunnyBatWolf; Flickr.
Unless you have just scored the winning goal in the FA cup final or recorded a record finishing time in the London Marathon, being sweaty is just not sexy. Having a sweaty bum is probably the least sexy condition of all.
Fortunately, you can reduce this undesirable and unattractive moistness by taking a few simple steps.
Don't wear too-tight clothes or underwear. Very tight clothing can impede the flow of air around your body and produce excess perspiration, especially in the backside region. Select garments that are well fitted and stay away from synthetic fabrics.
Wear natural fibres, such as cotton, linen and silk. These fabrics breathe and allow air to circulate around the body. Many underwear manufacturers produce cotton and silk underwear that is attractive and breathable.
- Unless you have just scored the winning goal in the FA cup final or recorded a record finishing time in the London Marathon, being sweaty is just not sexy.
- Many underwear manufacturers produce cotton and silk underwear that is attractive and breathable.
Dry off well after your bath or shower, and then sprinkle some talcum powder on your behind. This helps absorb excess moisture and can keep your sensitive areas nice and dry. You can even take a small travel sample with you, so you can reapply it during the day.
- Dry off well after your bath or shower, and then sprinkle some talcum powder on your behind.
- You can even take a small travel sample with you, so you can reapply it during the day.
See your doctor for medical advice if you find yourself perspiring uncontrollably. There are medicines and other remedies available for those who sweat profusely.
Freshen up several times during the day. Sometimes, the only thing you can do is take a quick break and dry off your behind. This is one of the most effective remedies.
Lighten up and don't be too concerned about a mild case of sweaty bum. Sweating is a natural and beneficial -- though sometimes annoying -- function of the human body. Let your body work in the way it was meant to as long as you don't suffer any ill effects.
Look for specialised garments designed for exercising. These clothes wick moisture away from the body and dry quickly, allowing the body to remain mostly dry.
- Don't ignore profuse sweating, as it can be a sign of a serious medical condition. See your GP if your sweating condition is out of the ordinary to make sure your health is not at risk.
- A sweaty bum is not just annoying and embarrassing, but it can also cause rashes and odour. If you discover skin irritations after a bout of sweaty butt, the excess moisture may be at fault. Take the necessary steps to reduce moisture around the affected area.
This article was created by a professional writer and edited by experienced copy editors, both qualified members of the Demand Media Studios community. All articles go through an editorial process that includes subject matter guidelines, plagiarism review, fact-checking, and other steps in an effort to provide reliable information.