How to Hide Cellulite for One Night
sitting on the beach image by Bube from Fotolia.com
Most women have cellulite, or fat that dimples the skin around the thighs. Covering cellulite for one night requires concealing the lumpy skin using clothing, spa treatments and beauty products.
Whether you are wearing a swimming costume or a form-fitting minidress for a special event, you'll need expert tips to temporarily conceal the unsightly lumps and bumps.
Get a fake tan. Apply a sunless tanning cream to darken lumpy skin. After a quick shower, exfoliate skin with a loofah. Apply the sunless tanner to the sides, front and back of your legs and to your buttocks. Blend the product evenly. Let the product dry for 30 minutes before putting on clothes.
- Most women have cellulite, or fat that dimples the skin around the thighs.
- Apply a sunless tanning cream to darken lumpy skin.
Cover your legs with pantyhose. Hose has a smoothing effect on the cellulite: it conceals the appearance of bumps to the naked eye. Select a pair of pantyhose with a high Lycra and spandex content to ensure that the hose fibres are thick and have a smoothing effect over your legs, hips and thighs.
Add shapewear to your cellulite-fighting arsenal. Girdles, shapewear and body shapers are appropriate for jersey dresses and tight fitting garments that may reveal the cellulite hiding beneath the material. To hide the cellulite on your legs and buttocks for one night, wear nude-coloured shapewear under dresses, form-fitting skirts, leggings and trousers.
Wrap your body in a skirted swimming costume or pareo scarf. For beach-lovers who want to hide their cellulite, tie a long scarf around your lower body. As a bikini alternative, choose a swimming costume with a skirted bottom to cover cellulite on your buttocks and upper-thighs.
- Cover your legs with pantyhose.
- As a bikini alternative, choose a swimming costume with a skirted bottom to cover cellulite on your buttocks and upper-thighs.
Reduce the appearance of cellulite with an at-home spa treatment. Mix half a cup of coffee grounds with ¼ cup of water. Rub the paste on the areas of the body where the cellulite is most prominent. Wrap the areas in cling film for 15 minutes maximum.
Take a shower with the cling film tied around the cellulite-affected areas of the body. Remove the cling film, and rub the coffee paste into your skin using a circular motion. Rinse your skin thoroughly to remove any coffee residue.
- Reduce the appearance of cellulite with an at-home spa treatment.
- Take a shower with the cling film tied around the cellulite-affected areas of the body.
- To cover your cellulite effectively, choose shapewear and girdles that correspond with your dress size. For example, women who wear a size 0 to 6 dress should wear a size small body shaper. The coffee ground treatment is a temporary treatment that lasts for one night only.
Mimi Abney is a lifestyle writer specializing in online content for women. Her work has appeared in NewsOK.com and "Keepsake Magazine," among other publications. With over 15 years of writing and editing experience for the web and print, Abney is also a contributor to online health, beauty and fashion publications. She holds a Bachelor of Science in biology from Spelman College.