Swimming exercises can prove exceptionally helpful for pain relief in the lower back, because the extra support of the water removes some of gravity's burden on the body. Exercise in a lower-stress environment using the tips in this free video on swimming.
Hi, my name is Barbara. We are here at the Village on Main in Utah, and I'm going to be your swimming expert for today. Today, we are going to talk about how to do some swimming exercises that will give your lower back some pain relief. What you'll need is a swimming pool, a bating suit, a swimming cap, and some goggles. The best thing for your back is to not have any stress or any strain on it. And when you are in the pool there's a lot less gravity and so that just being in the pool alone can really give you a lot of pain relief for your back. You could put one noodle up above by your neck and one noodle below your knees. And from there you can pull your knees in and then stretch your legs out. You can feel your lower back curling and stretching and that can really give your back some relief. You can also try holding onto the top of the deck, placing your feet flat against the wall and pull yourself close to the deck and feel the stretch in your lower back. And those are some lower back exercises that you can do for lower back pain relief in the pool.
- Butterfly Stroke Breathing Technique
- Practicing the Freestyle Arm Pull with Proper Kicking and Breathing
- Butterfly Stroke Feet Position
- Using a Pool Noodle to Practice the Freestyle Stroke Arm Pull
- How to Lose Weight with Swimming Workouts
- Swimming Exercises for Lower Back Pain Relief
- Lower Back Exercises in the Pool
- Kicking Exercise for Swimming the Breaststroke
- Practicing the Freestyle Stroke Kick Outside of the Water