To grow an avocado tree from a seed, stab the seed with tooth picks, put it in a glass of water and plant the roots system that grows in six weeks. Learn about growing avocado trees with help from an expert gardener in this free video on vegetable gardening.
Hi, I'm Jene with Jene's Tropicals in St. Petersburg, Florida. I'm going to demonstrate how to grow avocado trees from avocado seeds. You'll need the following materials: a glass of water, toothpicks and avocado seeds from a really ripe avocado. Slice your avocado and gently work the seed out. It should pop right out. You're going to take the toothpick and stab the avocado seed all the way around. Generally, you need to use about four toothpicks. This will help anchor the seedling so it doesn't fall into the glass of water. You want it to stick out of the glass at least halfway. So, place it on your glass of water. Within six weeks you'll have a massive roots system in your glass and then it's time to plant. I'm Jene with Jene's Tropicals, have a wonderful day.
- How to Grow Onion Transplants From Seeds
- How to Transplant Asparagus Plants
- How to Take Care of Asparagus Plants
- How to Take Care of Red Pepper Plants
- How to Prepare Asparagus Plants for Winter
- How to Start an Avocado Plant
- How to Plant Avocado Trees From Pits
- How to Grow Avocado Trees From Seeds
- How to Grow Butter Beans