To hit a golf ball with a draw, you'll need to remember to start the club on the inside, rotating the forehands and forearms to get the curve. Learn how to get a draw on your golf ball with help from a professional golf instructor in this free video on golf swings.
Hello my name is Conan Elliott and I'm Director of Instruction here at Camas Meadows Golf Club in Camas, Washington. Today we're going to talk about how to hit a golf ball with a draw. Well for that we're going to need a golf ball naturally, a golf club. It can be an iron or a wood, either one, and a golf swing. So remember, the golf ball travels, first of all, off of the tee from the direction the club is traveling. So, if the club is traveling from my body toward the ball, that's going to start my ball out to the right just a little bit. If it's traveling outside across, it's going to start left a little bit. Well a draw is a ball that starts slightly to the right and curves back. It's a tiny little hook. It's not a big hook. It's a little hook. Well that means the path of the club has to be traveling from my side of the ball toward the ball. That will start it slightly to the right. As that club is going through the impact area it has to be rotating over. So, I have to have my clubface rotating with my forearms as my club is traveling out toward the right a little bit. So, remember that the path the club is traveling on is where your ball starts. What your clubface is doing to the ball is how it curves. Just like pitching, wherever I throw my arm is where the ball is going to start. How I spin it when I let it go is how it is going to curve on the end. So, that's what we're going to do here. To hit a draw we've got to get the club coming from the inside and rotate the hands over the golf ball. Let's see if we can make that happen. Pretty close. Maybe just a little late on the crossing of my hands right there. Definitely got the club inside very well. So, remember, inside path to make it start right, rotating the forehands, forearms to get it to curve back left. This is Conan Elliott and that's how to hit a draw.
- How to Hit Golf Ball With a Draw
- How to Hit a Golf Ball Lower
- How to Hit a Golf Ball With Irons
- How to Hit Down on a Golf Ball
- How to Hit a Fade in Golf
- How to Hit a Golf Ball Higher
- How to Hit a Golf Ball Straight Every Time
- How to Hit a Golf Ball Farther
- How to Turn the Right Shoulder Correctly Out of the Way During the Golf Back Swing
- How to Repeat a Good Golf Swing
- How to Improve My Golf Swing
- How to Keep Knees Flexed in the Golf Swing
- What Should the Arms Do in a Golf Swing?
- Basics of a Golf Swing
- Golf Swing Problems
- How to Create Lag in a Golf Swing
- Slowing a Golf Back Swing
- How to Increase Swing Speed in Golf
- How to Perform a One-Piece Takeaway Golf Swing
- How to Stop Blocking Shots in a Golf Swing