A refrigerator works by circulating a refrigerant through evaporator coils, so that heat is released and the refrigerant gets very cold. Discover how a compressor and a fan help circulate the cold air through the refrigerator with information from a remodeling contractor and home repair specialist in this free video on appliances.
Hi, I'm Tim Gipson, I'm going to talk to you about how refrigerators work. Now refrigerators work much like an air conditioner, only an air conditioner that just cools the inside of the refrigerator. Now what it has is it has a condenser motor in the base of the refrigerator and it will be in the back here. And what it does is it takes a refrigerant and it circulates it over through some evaporator coils so that the heat is released and as the heat is released, the refrigerant gets very cold and you'll have a fan so you'll hear your refrigerator and actually you'll hear it running and there's two things doing. There is a fan that's drawing some air in and then there's also a compressor that's taking that refrigerant and as it goes through the system, it's compressing it back so that as it comes back and expands again it releases it's heat, becomes very cold and it can actually circulate through the refrigerator and make the refrigerator cold. And that air circulates from the front here circulates through and out the back and then inside the refrigerator and particularly today, you have a lot of electronic controls where you can actually set the exact temperatures and then as the air blows over the coils and gets very cold, then it is blown into the refrigerator box and keeps actually cold air circulating in here to whatever temperature you need for your refrigerator or for your freezer. So I'm Tim Gipson and that's how a refrigerator works.
- How to Operate a Microwave Oven
- Removing Rust From Steel
- Removing Rust From Tools
- Removing Rust Naturally
- How to Adjust Your Thermostat
- How to Hang a Heavy Wall Mirror
- Hanging Heavy Objects on Walls
- Ceramic Tile Cleaning Tips
- Best Way to Hang a Mirror
- Restoring Hardwood Floors
- How Do Refrigerators Work?
- How Do Refrigerator Ice Makers Work?
- How to Fix a Refrigerator
- How to Fix a Dishwasher That Will Not Drain
- How to Use a Microwave
- Home Remedies for Removing Rust From Tools
- Home Remedies to Remove Rust
- How to Make a Rust Remover
- Removing Rust
- Removing Rust From Stainless Steel