Learn about loading and firing a semi-automatic handgun, in this free video featuring a Marine Corps marksman.
Hi! This is John with Expert Village. Now in this segment, we’re going to put it all together. First off what we’re going to show you is the practice rounds, the blue rounds that we showed you earlier. I’m going to show you the exact operation of the gun, what happens when you fire the round and it ejects. From here we’re going to take the firearm, check it, make sure it’s empty, take the round, take the magazine, line it up, insert it to the bottom, make sure you hear the click. Now we’re going to release the slide, which is right here. I’m going to turn around so you can see this. Release the slide, goes forward, straighten out the trigger, take the safety off. Weapon is now ready to fire. Take aim and you’re ready to shoot. Now after you fire the gun what’s going to happen is magazine is going to come back eject the round and load a new one, and this is what happens. It’s automatically cocked ready for the next round. When that ejects, this is the last round, slide box back, ready for the new magazine. I drop that one and now we’re ready to go live. Now we can put on our ear protection, eye protection. The weapon, pull it side, and now we are ready to fire. We are now ready to fire. Put the weapon on safe and here we go. Take the magazine out, put down the weapon and that concludes are shoot. This is John from Expert Village.
- Squeezing the Trigger : Handgun Target Shooting
- Proper Stances for Handgun Target Shooting
- Using the Handgun Sights : Handgun Target Shooting
- Single Action vs. Double Action Guns : Handgun Target Shooting
- Breathing, Relaxation & Bone Support : Handgun Target Shooting
- Shooting Range Rules : Target Practice
- How to Properly Grip a Handgun : Target Shooting
- How to Load a Semi-Auto Handgun Magazine : Target Shooting
- Firing a Semi-Automatic Handgun : Target Shooting
- Using Follow-through Technique for Shooting Handguns : Target Shooting
- Safety Devices on an HK Handgun : Target Shooting
- Common Ammunition Rounds : Target Shooting
- How to Break Down a Semi-Automatic Pistol for Cleaning