Learn how to use the follow-through technique when firing handguns, in this free video featuring a Marine marksman.
Hi! This is John from Expert Village. The next segment is going to be on follow through. Follow through is what happens after you fire the gun. Basically there’s two parts. When you fire the gun, it loads the next round in and you have this little trigger that’s squeezed. Let the trigger go and just relax; that’s follow through. Basically, you breathe, relax and you’re in your natural respiratory pause, squeeze the trigger, the round fires. That’s your follow through. Just letting go and being able to relax and get ready for your next shot. Something you don’t want to do is basically hold your breath. Take a natural respiratory pause but don’t hold it. It’s about 1-2 second pause between your breath and the next breath. So breathe, relax, let out your breath, squeeze the trigger, round fires, let go of the trigger, breathe. It’s not a rush. It’s nothing to take lightly. For accurate target shooting, you must have the natural respiratory pause and a follow through. Essential items of shooting accurately. This is John from Expert Village.
- Squeezing the Trigger : Handgun Target Shooting
- Proper Stances for Handgun Target Shooting
- Using the Handgun Sights : Handgun Target Shooting
- Single Action vs. Double Action Guns : Handgun Target Shooting
- Breathing, Relaxation & Bone Support : Handgun Target Shooting
- Shooting Range Rules : Target Practice
- How to Properly Grip a Handgun : Target Shooting
- How to Load a Semi-Auto Handgun Magazine : Target Shooting
- Firing a Semi-Automatic Handgun : Target Shooting
- Using Follow-through Technique for Shooting Handguns : Target Shooting
- Safety Devices on an HK Handgun : Target Shooting
- Common Ammunition Rounds : Target Shooting
- How to Break Down a Semi-Automatic Pistol for Cleaning