Women over 70 will appreciate gifts that make her day-to-day life easier and more enjoyable. Don't hastily present a gift of cookies or sweets to an elderly loved one. Take the time to consider what she needs and wants to find a thoughtful and suitable gift.
A voice calendar can help a woman over 70 keep up with her day-to-day activities. A voice calendar plays prerecorded messages that remind you of events or appointments, such as a birthday party or doctor's appointment. The messages are recorded in three easy steps and can be played back daily at the push of a button. A red light appears on the calendar when a reminder is due for that day. To make the gift even more thoughtful, program the calendar for her.
All women appreciate a gift of relaxation. Lounge and massage chairs, spa packages, foot baths and memory foam slippers are examples of relaxation gifts an older woman may enjoy.
Events and Outings
For a woman who spends the majority of her time at home, tickets to an event outside of the home might be just what she needs. Give tickets to movies or plays, or gift tokens to restaurants and tea houses to brighten her day. Offer your company or driving services, too.
Shop for a gift that is related to a favourite hobby. A bingo enthusiast might like a bingo-themed T-shirt, seat cushion or bingo dobbers. Crochet and sewing supplies make great gifts for crafty women. Women with green fingers will appreciate indoor herb garden kits and gardening supplies.
Fruit and Vegetable Basket
As women age, it is important for them to maintain proper nutrition. Fresh fruit and vegetable baskets will encourage her to eat right to maintain energy levels. Buy fruits that won't spoil quickly, such as apples and oranges.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Jenda Voice Calendar
- Gifts.com: Beauty & Spa for Women - Gifts for the Super Grandma - over £32
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln Extension: Healthy Eating And Lifestle For The Later Years
- National Massage Therapy Institute: The Benefits of Massage Have No Age Limit: Infant and Geriatric Massage
- Today I Wish: Gift Ideas For Women aged over 60 and 70