Don't be afraid to darken your moustache. You might want to add a little colour to make you look younger, more distinguished, or perhaps just add some flair to make the moustache stand out. You can safely and easily get the moustache colour you want in the comfort of your home. All you need to do is buy a dye kit that is made specifically for facial hair, which you can find at your local drugstore. After you do this once, you'll wonder why you waited so long.
- Skill level:
Pick out a dye colour. Look carefully at the boxes and choose the colour that most closely resembles your desired colour.
Perform a test to make sure you are not allergic to the product. Once you get home, you should do this step. Some people have skin that is sensitive to an ingredient in a dye, so you have to be careful before applying this to your moustache. Perform a patch test on the inside of the elbow. Follow the directions on the box as to the proper solution to mix for the patch test. Do this two days in advance to be sure your skin does not become red or develop a rash.
Prepare the dye mixture. Always follow the directions on the package as to the proper solution. Do not deviate from this. Put on gloves so that you do not get any dye on your skin.
Apply the dye to your moustache with the applicator in the package. Gently rub it over the moustache covering it as evenly as possible. Leave the dye on for the recommended time on the package.
Wash your moustache following the manufacturer's instructions to get the excess dye off and complete the colouring process.
Tips and warnings
- Use a dampened cotton swab to remove any dye that gets onto your skin.
- Never use a dye kit that gave you a rash or redness during the patch test. You may be allergic to some of the ingredients. You can try a different brand kit, which may have other ingredients that do not affect your skin in a negative way.
- Never use a dye kit that is meant to be used only for the hair on your head. Facial hair is more sensitive and needs a special dye.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for